Thursday, January 22, 2009

Taez is home!

Yes, I have MY truck back, whiney power steering and all. Egads, didn't realize how attached I am to my Taez until I had to drive that other POS for four days.

Taez and Chael are part of my family. Granted, inanimate, still, part of the family. Both have their quirks and things that make them unique individuals, even though there are thousands or millions of cousins on the road.

One thing I'm not so happy about - when the shop cleaned him up, they put Armor All on the seat and steering wheel. I damn near slid off the seat getting in, and there's just something funky about the steering wheel that's part sticky, part slimy with that stuff. Saturday I'll have to get out there and buff off the shiny.

Yes, I need to get a pix of him as an icon. If I get my butt moving fast enough tomorrow, I'll get one of him then, if I can find the camera.
--
Oy, this little licensing true-up issue has just become a full grown monster and is threatening to get bigger. I have spent most of the day in meetings trying to figure out the communications piece, how Europe differs from the US differs from Asia Pacific. EEEKKK!

My boss and I sat in a conference room for three hours pulling things together. We got a hold of the AP IT contact in Australia, it was 9 am his time at 4 pm ours, so we got him up to speed and scheduled meetings with him. Got our morning meetings scheduled for Europe and the rest of the team. Got a meeting scheduled with the SAP team to figure out how much they should be involved.

Tomorrow is mostly going to be working meetings, me and my boss going over the communications, pulling numbers for her boss, really getting a handle on what is the scope of this project and what the real scope of this thing should be.

She's giving me access to her calendar, so when we need to schedule meetings, I can do that while she's off attending to the rest of her duties. She's also giving me her old laptop, so when we get together in meetings I can be working on the fly.

Best of all, she knows about mind maps. She has no problem with me installing FreeMind so I can map this sucker out, especially since FreeMind is a freeware. I need to have a better handle on this thing, and I think a mind map would allow everyone else to get a better visual on it, without needing Project.

No comments: