Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Interesting results

Today I met with the people from Muve to do the baseline biometric screening. We did fasting bloodwork to determine total cholesterol, blood sugar, etc. I'm happy to say that my numbers are still as good as they were a couple years ago, with high HDL, low LDL and triglycerides and normal blood sugar. The only things I got dinged on were my weight/BMI, a slightly elevated blood pressure and that I'm not up to date on my cancer screenings.

They were impressed with my numbers. Not many people my size have normal to low cholesterol and blood sugar.

We also did body fat percentage. No surprise for me, I'm half fat. My bones, muscles and organs make up half my weight, the other half is fat. So, to my surprise, given that number, my original goal weight would leave me little room for any fat on my body, which isn't a good thing. I may have to adjust that number a bit, so that everything functions properly.

I've also been doing a bit of research on hypothyroidism. I have been very cold this winter, above and beyond the cold work place and home. Sometimes it seems I can't get warm until I crawl into bed with the electric mattress pad on. Lots of other symptoms add up as well. Add in family history...

Back in high school or college, I remember doing a basal temp test, where I tracked for a month what my temp was when I woke up. It averaged 94-96 degrees. I think it's time to do that again, so I can have some proof to run under Dr. M's nose. I've been on the l-tyrosine since August, I think it would have made a difference by now. If Dr. M won't budge, time to find someone who does homeopathy. Actually, I do know someone who does homeopathy and coaching - it's a drive up to Milaca to see her, might be worth it. I'll email her when I get done with this.

No comments: