Monday, January 12, 2009

Interesting

So, I met with the other person's insurance claims adjuster today about the bodily harm stuff. Turns out in MN you have to have $4k in just doctor visits, not including diagnostics, etc, before the bodily harm clause kicks in. This insurance company actually sits down with you and says hey, we want to make this right for you, here's a check for your inconvenience and pain. In exchange for taking this check, you agree not to sue the person that hit you.

Read over the paperwork, standard hold harmless clause that I go after the insurance company and not the people. Cool with me. If I do have long standing issues, they will take care of it.

What was even better? Me walking out with a check for $750 for my time and inconvenience. On top of that, they are covering my deductible and the 20% of a rental my insurance doesn't cover. Sweet.

So, with this check that basically came out of the ether, I am now about caught up on my bills. The $750 covers the two months of back association dues I owe, which will keep me out of trouble with them.

OK, this is a really bass ackwards way of taking care of things. The Universe doesn't always do things in a straightforward manner, especially when it comes to me. I could have easily gotten the money in a much easier on me and everyone else manner.

Just makes me laugh. And it's a metaphor for my life: gotta go through some pain to get the gain, and it may not be from the direction you expected.

Body-wise, I'm doing OK. The right hip did ping a bit on the 10+ minute walk from the parking garage to the south building where I'm working at. BFE to BFE, opposite ends of the campus. The walk does me good.

Things are going to get interesting in the next couple weeks at work. My personal email is going to be the account used for all the emails going in and out about the licensing. I suspect I'm going to be getting a ton of email about this, as people panic and try to figure out what is going on. I've got from now until April to figure it all out.

No comments: