Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hmm

Ok, so I didn't update last night. Too busy watching the series finale of SG Atlantis, twice, and the season finale of Sanctuary, twice. Which meant I was up until after midnight.

Due to technology incompatibility issues between Dr. M's fax machine and the temp agency's fax system, I didn't get to work until 10:30 yesterday morning. Temp company wanted a medical release saying I was OK to work and wouldn't let me go to work until they had it.

Worked right straight through lunch because I had a meeting at 1, then worked until 4:30. Taez and I headed for the collision center to get an estimate of how much to fix him - $1600 to re-skin his door, match the paint, not including any hidden damage.

Talked to the other gal's insurance company. They admit she was at fault, so they are sending me a check to cover my $500 deductible. I'm also meeting with them on Monday about bodily harm claims under MN law that may be in effect as well.

Physically I'm doing OK. After a hot shower and some gentle stretching Thursday night things seemed to calm down. I'll notice a ping here or there in my neck, shoulder, back and hip, nothing that has me reaching for pain killers.

Kinda got smacked with the gratitude thing. I haven't been doing my gratitude writing at night since before Christmas, so I was trying to come up with what I was grateful for. I'm grateful that Taez and I weren't hurt worse, that we're both up and running despite the ding. The insurance companies are both doing the right thing and actually taking care of me. (that comes as a surprise to me who is used to not being taken care of) Time to dig out another tablet and pen and start up the things I'm grateful for nightly.

Other than dealing with the accident, not much doing. Raini is being a whine because she doesn't like her food. I'm making a chicken risotto with veggies and yogurt tomorrow, along with the usual wash dishes, wash clothes.

I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.

No comments: