Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just tired

I'm not brain fried, just simply tired. The last 24 hours has been packed.

After I got out of work last night I went to see my massage therapist. She found a pair of lovely knots by the bottom of my shoulder blades and worked on them and my neck. That's the last time I'll see for a while, because this morning at 7 am I started physical therapy.

We're starting with core stabalization exercises that I need to do nightly. Interestingly enough, my jaw clenching is related to my issues with breathing while I'm walking - the neck muscles are getting pulled in to help me breathe and causing problems. I've almost bitten through the first mouthguard I bought, so I need to get another one.

Then I went to see Dr. M tonight. He took it easy on me because the work my massage therapist did last night left me in pain most of today. The knot on the left shoulder blade had pain crawling up the erector spinatus muscles, so even walking was painful.

I'm tired just from dealing with the pain. And pain in one place wakes up pain in other places. Bah.

Add to that a failed attempt to donate platelets Monday night, and things are just lovely.

This weekend ought to be interesting, given the Photoreading class. Tomorrow night from 6-9, Saturday from 9-7 and Sunday from 9-6. I've been to one of Paul's retreats before, and they are INTENSE. I'm expecting this class will be no different.

So, if you don't hear from me until Sunday, you know I'm up to my eyeballs in books.

No comments: