Thursday, April 16, 2009

Oh, Life

Not gonna get to it tonight. Didn't remember that Thursday nights my boss and I have a conference call with Asia Pacific at 8 pm, so that shoots me writing out a long explanation of why 'Oh, Life' got to me this morning. Leave it for now that the song, heard only once on the radio and shortly thereafter acquired the CD, perfectly described how I was feeling the summer of 1998 in the lead up to my second suicide attempt.

For those of you that know me, know it wasn't your fault you didn't see what was going on. I kept going like there was nothing wrong, but I was dying inside. Long hours, from starting work at 6 am until 10 pm with maybe 4 hours of sleep a night will drive anyone to that point. Add in mucked up brain chemistry and all the crap that was going on, and it's a wonder I'm still here at all.

Meanwhile, I'm prepping for a Live Meeting. Joy. Actually, it is.
Given the medical giant I work for, we not only have a VPN, or virtual private network, we have security tags with codes that change once a minute that also have to be entered before we can even get to the VPN. Normally contractors don't get to have the security tags. My boss didn't hesitate when I mentioned it today. In fact, she went to the person that hands them out and stood over her until she got the tag and instructions for me.

That says a lot, to me. She likes me, she likes what I'm doing. We think a lot alike, including using mind maps to plot things out. It's just a world of difference from the last job. This is a job I'd like to keep. With the reorganization that's coming up by the end of the first quarter (next Friday is the end of the fiscal year), lots of things could be changing.

Now I just need to get the flyers up for The Write Support. I suspect a lot of people will be needing my services.

No comments: