Sunday, April 5, 2009

Photoreading

So, I've now completed the Paul Scheele version of Photoreading. Twas an interesting weekend, given that there were 70 some people in the class. There were people from France, Romania, Albania, Norway and a few other far flung locales, and a couple of us here from the cities as well.

What new did I learn that I didn't already know from the first Photoreading class I took in 2006? Well... I got the names of the books used this time. I found out the name of the EduK book, so I can get my hands on that. Had several interesting discussions with random people about things.

I reinforced the activation steps, along with the preview and postview. I better understand how to do the whole Photoreading process, which was one of my goals for the weekend.

And I'm also sensing I may want to become a Photoreading instructor someday. At the very least I would love to teach this to the five oldest kids in my created family. The oldest just turned 16, the youngest would be 11. This summer would be a perfect time to teach them the basics of Photoreading so they can use it in class this fall.

I'm thinking this because we had a 9 year old and a 13 year old in the class this weekend. Think about how they will be able to apply it to their school work yet this year, let alone throughout the rest of their lives.

Can't stress this enough: If you haven't taken Photoreading, you need to take it. If you have any amount of reading sitting in a backlog on your desk, or a ton of information you need for your business, you need to learn to Photoread. If you have taken the course, get on the list to come and take it from Paul himself next spring. Each instructor teaches it different, hearing it from one of the co-creators is something to treasure.

I'm going to let the class incubate over night and fill you in more tomorrow night, between catching up on all the stuff that didn't get done this weekend...

No comments: