Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Slacking. Not.

What have I been up to the past few days? The usual, work and trying to stay ahead of the ball game.

I left work early on Friday. I had to get tabs for Taez and Chael, and most places are only open 8-5, if that. Got those, then boogied over to OPTP (Occupational and Physical Therapy Products) on the other side of 494. They have all sorts of fun stuff, like the Stretch Out Strap, foam rollers and other stuff I can use in my healing practice and on me. Came home with a foam roller and the strap, and will probably be back to get more.

Came home, had supper, and read a book until 1 am. That was my 42nd birthday. Woo hoo.

Saturday morning I had a client (for the first time in probably a year...). He found me on the QT website. I went to his home and worked on him. Did more coaching and intuitive work than QT. It was mostly intuitive. We started with what was hurting and I followed along from there. He did a lot of work, releasing some deep, old crap that was not his to begin with. I'll be seeing him again once he gets done with all the medical tests.

The appointment was a good reminder of why I'm a healing practitioner. There was resonance as to some of the same stuff we both had going on. Some of the stuff that came out of my mouth I have no idea of where it came from. Whatever I said was what he needed to hear and do to help himself.

Two things I do remember was that 'you are not your past' and 'you are a present to yourself.' I may have heard or read them elsewhere, that morning they rang true on many levels.

A reminder of what I can do and be when the need is there.

Now I just need to set the intention that the phlebotomist doing my needle sticks for platelet donation hits the vein perfectly the first time. Last time I ended up with matching quarter size bruises in my elbows. This time I didn't even get to donate. W is usually really good at doing my sticks - she doesn't even have to mark where the vein is. Normally. This time she missed both arms. If she hadn't fouled up my outflow arm, I could have done a single needle donation with both outflow and return in the same vein. No joy, no donation, and over a half dollar sized bruise on my left elbow to show for it. Try it again on the 19th.

I move desks on Friday. I get to be with my boss's team in a much warmer location - the southwest corner. I'm looking forward to being in that area. Dual monitors for the computer, warmer location. I need to bring the compass to see what direction I'm facing - I'm thinking north, which is one of my good directions.

The next couple days are going to be nuts with medical appointments. Tomorrow night I get a massage, Thursday morning I start physical therapy, and I see Dr. M Thursday night. See how I feel Thursday night, I'll give you an update.

No comments: