Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oops...

Should have read the ingredients on the flour bag before I used it. One of the last ingredients was white corn meal.

I discovered that this morning after waking up for the second night in a row with a gut ache that only comes from corn. The rest of this batch of gnocchi are going in the garbage.

Confounded rotten f'ing food allergies.

Next attempt at gnocchi will use potato flour and make sure the potatoes are well dried before mashing.

The blush sauce came out so-so. It got too thick, so I've been thinning it out with tomato soup. It tastes pretty good, just needs to be more of a sauce and not a glob. It does go well over almost anything, so I'll use what's left over some proper Tinkyada rice pasta that I know is safe.

Work continues. Hard to believe I'm in my 14th week there, out of my 20 week contract. Haven't heard anything either way about a contract extension, so I'll have to be patient.

Not much else doing. See what happens when Dr. R works on me tomorrow night.

No, even with the weather being decent the last few days, I have not brought him out of the garage yet. One, I haven't bought this year's tabs yet - I need to get for both him and Taez. Two, until we get a couple good rain storms to wash the slime off the road, I won't think about it. Three, I would prefer to have the roads swept so there's no loose gravel. Chael and I have stayed shiny side up, rubber side down and I intend to keep it that way.

No comments: