Sunday, March 8, 2009

A good day

Today's been a good day, despite the time change. Because of that, I technically wasn't up until after 7:30 this morning. Talk about sleeping in... not. Got clothes washed, then started packing for my excursion this afternoon.

First was my platelet donation. Last one in, first one done. My time is down to 57 minutes. The head phlebotomist (aka the person who knows how to stick you with needles properly) was telling me they almost had to throw out my last donation.

Why? Because I gave way too many platelets. They want about 10.5 to the 11th (1,050,000,000,000 to the rest of us) platelets for a triple donation. My last one was 13 to the 11th, or a quadruple donation. His issue with me is that my platelet count hasn't been consistent - I've been all over from 439k to 505k per CC of blood. You would expect after two years of donating that I'd be somewhat consistent. My time hasn't changed, the amount of blood they go through varies by 100 cc, so something within me is making it fluctuate that wildly.

I asked him if the supplements Dr. M has me on might be part of the reason why it varies. He wasn't sure. So, I'm going to bring that up to Dr. M on Friday, see what he has to say.

So, I'm thinking I need to set an intention of consistently donating 10.5 to the 11th every time I donate.

I also need to set an intention so that all of the blood donation governing bodies get their stuff together and allow quad donations. The equipment can do the job, the programming doesn't need updating. All they need to do is pull a couple hundred cc's more plasma and there would be enough to do a quad. It's a matter of sitting down and writing out a clear, concise intention with a deadline.

After I got out of there, I headed to the Mall of America. I needed to get some new shoes, because my current shoes are hurting my knees. I needed to get a new cord for my iPod, because my old one is good enough to charge it, but not enough to make a connection to the computer to update it from iTunes. I stopped at the Qwest booth, because they are kicking over to Verizon for their wireless service, which means I need to get a new cell phone and change my phone plan because I'll lose my One Number service, boo. While I was there I also hit Torrid and a couple other places just to kill some time before I met P after her second job.

Finally met up with P. Gave her a pound of the XPC for her and the puppies. Then I came home, made sure both pairs of shoes fit. The iPod is updated with several CD's that I added to the mix, along with a new playlist of my favorite label, Narada.

Now I get to chill until it's time to go to bed and start all over again tomorrow.

No comments: