Saturday, March 21, 2009

Muvement

Muvement on all sorts of fronts.

Muve, of course, refers to the Gruve device that lives on my hip most of the day and on a wristband at night. My current green goal is now up to 990 calories above my RMR, or resting metabolic rate. This is going to be challenging, especially on the weekends.

I changed my walking strategy to start incorporating the PACE program. To start, I'm doing 2 minutes of warm up, 3 minutes fast, 2 slow, 3 fast, 2 to cool down. I'm doing that three times a day, at least during the work week. I'm sweating when I get done with that. It shows up on the Gruve, too. If I can figure out how to capture that in a way I can upload here, I will.

Movement on the phone front. Since Qwest is dumping Sprint as their cell phone carrier, we have to switch to Verizon. Went and did that today. Now I just need Qwest to catch up with the change so I can put call forwarding on my account so I can still get all my calls while at work.

Since this is also a stand alone phone, I'm thinking I'll use that number as the contact info for writing business, for now. Or not.

Movement in back. When I went to see Dr. R Wednesday night, he couldn't get my back and neck to move. Locked up tight, in his words. So I went in this morning to put on the neurostim pads. We put them on my back in the area that wouldn't move, moved the cart close enough so I could crank up the stim as my back got used to it, and laid on the pads for a good half hour. Took the pads off, flopped on the table and both the back and neck let go. I felt like I could actually stand up straight.

Movement in the job front. I have, for the most part, finished going through the survey data and moving it into the global licensing spreadsheet. Next week we start uploading what I do have into the Access database and start playing with the queries to make sure they are written correctly. Should be interesting.

I now understand why IT projects seem to take longer than planned. Some of it is poor planning, not taking into account all of things you could be missing, or not being open to suggestions that would make the process easier.

There is no way I'll be done with this project in 5 weeks. My boss is meeting with the director next week to talk about which contractors she wants to keep and which to let go. I'm on the keep list.
The other thing working in my favor is that the VP over the area is also behind the greater software asset management idea, of which this is a part of. The VP agrees it should stay where it is, and is looking at long term funding for it out of his budget. With a little luck, this could turn into a full time permanent job. Well, as permanent as they get.

So... things are moving and gruving. I should get moving and do all the usual weekend chores I need to do.

No comments: