Monday, March 2, 2009

XPC update

So, I've officially been on the XPC for a week. Started at a 1/4 teaspoon a day, ramping up to a 1/2 teaspoon today. Why the slow ramp up to a full teaspoon?

In the past, I've found that when I start taking something that helps my immune system work better, by taking the recommended amount from the start usually makes me sick, or in other words, brings on a healing crisis. My immune systems goes, 'Yippee, she's giving us what we need, let's go to town!' and starts cleaning up everything it can find. That overloads the rest of my system and makes me sick. I've had it happen with both Xango and Via Viente (both juice based supplements). I don't have time to be sick right now, and I don't want to cause any more chaos than I have to, so I'm taking this slowly.

In some ways, a healing crisis is a good thing - you know the product is working to make you healthier. If you know that it's a healing crisis, it's a good thing. If you're clueless about what's happening with your body, it can freak you out big time.

As it is, my body is processing through stuff. My cough came back for a couple days, and this weekend I was sneezing up a storm - my normal is 2-3, this was 5-10 at a time. I'm also running a slight fever - for me that's running around normal body temp, given my usual of 96.5. I'm willing to put up with stuff like this if in the long haul I'm healthier all around.

I've written previously about the toxins stored in the fat I'm letting go of. That's a big chunk of the reason why I started the XPC now. A stronger immune system can easily deal with the crap coming out. There are other things I'm hoping it will help with as well, like my allergies and food intolerances. One thing at a time.

Life otherwise is the same old, same old. Not much new.

No comments: