Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Brain fried so-so

For some reason today I'm not near as brain fried as I usually am after work. Not sure what's up with that, but I'll take it.

Thinking of brain fried, like the new icon? Not my most creative Photoshop effort, but it gets the idea across relatively quickly.

Not much new. Same old, same old at work, plowing through survey responses to get them in before we start deleting people's software.

The Gruve thing is going OK. I've been in the green most days, except for the days I didn't recharge the silly thing enough. Now I'm charging it daily, so it doesn't miss anything. I missed hitting green on Saturday by a measly 13 calories, which I more than made up for on Sunday. I'm still in the blue today, meaning I'm between 76-99% of my daily goal, which this week is 795 calories a day.

You would think with an almost 10 minute walk in from the parking garage, three 8 minute walks on my breaks and at lunch, and another almost 10 minute walk out (including six floors of stairs down) that I would easily hit my goal. Thing is, it's not going to get easier, because the calories go up every week if you hit green 8 out of the previous 14 days.

I suppose that means I need to start standing at my desk. Not something I want to do on a regular basis. I have considered getting an exercise ball to sit on, which would work my core muscles and help me sit up straighter. One thing at a time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just saw the gruve thing in the strib. Cool.