Saturday, March 14, 2009

O.U.C.H.

As in having to spend $500 to get my truck fixed. What started out as a simple front end and headlight alignment turned into a major ordeal. Somehow, Taez's front camber had never been adjusted in all of his 11 years. So, when they went to do it, they discovered the shipping blocks that keep things in line when the vehicle is moved from the factory to the local dealer were never removed. $100 just to get those things off.

Then it turns out the front brakes were within a millimeter of their last legs, so either I got new brakes put on today or I may not be stopping tomorrow. Joy.

To top things off, the U-joints on the drive shaft are about ready to go. That's another $250 that I'll have to do later. Today was bad enough.

I know Taez is at the point where he needs some work. The U joints, replace the high pressure power steering line so I don't have to keep feeding him power steering fluid, and new spark plugs with a tune up are just the tip of the iceberg. His tranny fluid needs to be changed, the differentials probably need some attention, who knows what else. For now, I'll nurse him though. See if getting this resume business off the ground will help.
---
Not sure what Dr. M cracked loose last night, but I was an angry bitch when I got home. Between four screaming kids at Dr. M's office, him cracking my lower back and something else, I was screaming at the cats to shut up. Neither one obliged, so Raini almost, almost got thrown at the wall.

I'm usually pretty even tempered, but I was on a rampage last night. I am beginning to suspect I hold a lot of my anger in my hips and low back. Get those to move and the anger has a way to come forth. I'm so looking forward to having Dr. R take a shot at it on Wednesday, cause Dr. M is out of town next week.
---
Now I feel like cooking. Gnocchi seems to be calling my name, along with hash browns. Thinking I'll bake some sweet and gold potatoes for both kinds of applications, and see what happens from there. Put a small roast in at the same time, supper will be ready by 6. Meat and potatoes, yum!

No comments: