Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sigh of relief

What's the sigh of relief for?

My boss told me my contract has been extended for six more months. I have a job through October. She IM'd me the news between meetings. I was in tears when I saw what she had written.

Six more months. In this economy, that could be the difference between me losing my home and me staying afloat. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present.

Other good news. I occasionally fill out surveys online. Sometimes they lead to taste tests where I get paid for my opinion of a new food product. Last week I took a survey for a technology company that makes iPod accessories. Got to the end of the survey and found out I qualified for a product of my choosing up to $100 value. I have to call in with the right info and they will send me the product I chose for free. Sweetness! I'm getting an iPod dock that has card reader slots and two extra USB ports.

Saw Dr. M tonight. He finally gave me a referral so I can get scheduled to start my physical therapy. Another step on the road to full recovery.

And, to really make this a good week, I got a call from Learning Strategies. Back in February I put my name on the waiting list to get into the PhotoReading class Paul Scheele is teaching next weekend. I was 17th on the list. The call was to say that spots had opened up and I could get into the class for $80. That's 1/10 the going price for the class. I'll have to buy the new edition of the book and manual. Oh darn, I'm in the class.

Then, today I find out it's the director's birthday today. The team leaders got cake for him and we all pounced on him at 11:30. He was surprised. So I got a bit of cake even though it's not quite my birthday yet.

After a scary start to the week (Raini barely ate all weekend, and I wasn't sure she would be alive when I came home Monday night), this is turning out to be a good week.

I feel like things are beginning to turn around. Maybe it's the whole being 42 thing (yes, direct reference to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). Now if a few other things can come together, I can really breath easy.

1 comment:

MamaGoose said...

Happy Bday!!! We have to make an airport run next Friday, and will also be doing a mall/ballgame weekend on the 18th/19th. May have to celebrate.