Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sniff...

To say that I am not fond of spring allergies would be a major understatement.

Since Tuesday I have fought with a stuffed up nose that backs up into my eyes and ears. I feel miserable and so far nothing much is making a difference. I tried the neti pot to wash out the pollen - doesn't work so well when the water can't get through. I gave up on drugs because they quit working years ago. Last night Dr. M put me on phytogen, so we'll see if that dries things up.

Thinking of fun, try a flat back tire on Taez. Somewhere Wednesday night he picked up a nail that flattened the tire, so I'm taking him in at noon to get the tire fixed. While we're at it, finally fix the flippin' power steering high pressure line as well. Then I can start cleaning up the garage, which we have to start sharing on July 1.

While I was seeing Dr. M last night, I asked him about what's not causing me to drop the weight. I'm up to 1200 calories a day above resting metabolic rate, so the weight should be dropping. Yet I continue to bounce back and forth 5 pounds. He tested me and came back that I'm carb sensitive. That means my body doesn't know what to do with carbs, especially fruit sugars, rice, pasta, bread, etc. I already don't eat much pasta, no bread, rice it's been a while on. My body does know how to use protein, so I need to up that.

So the next research project is to figure out how to get more protein in my body without breaking the bank. That means figuring out veggie protein, which combinations of beans, rice, amaranth, quinoa, etc will get me the biggest protein bang for the buck. There will still be beef, bison and chicken in the diet as well, cause I don't do well without meat.

Good news is, the farmers market opens next Saturday, so I'll be making a trip.

No comments: