Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cleaning the garage, etc.

I'm really glad this is a three day weekend. I need another day to sleep and catch up.

The new diet is already starting to pay off. I dropped three pounds from the last time I weighed myself, which was the last time I donated platelets. I've also let go of two inches on my waist. I'm on the right track.

Now I just need to overcome the carb cravings. It really hit this weekend, since I now can't have potatoes that's all I want. Go figure. Keep eating and drinking the protein, keep the carbs low, take the digestive enzyme I found to help it all work through, and I'll be fine.

It also helps when I get my butt out and moving. I started on the garage today, so here are the before pictures.



As you can see in the bottom picture, that's the side where the former resident used to have his auto repair business. He took most of it with him, but left me the bench and some other crap behind. I put the bench on a cart I have from the D clan and piled it up with stuff to haul to the garbage. Swept up as good as I could.

Then I started going through my side of the garage. One of the bins was from when I had my Blazer, which held my emergency supplies, like oil, biodegradable degreaser, clevis hitch, tow strap, etc. All stuff I can still use in Taez (if I can ever get his hitch out of the receiver). I got about eight feet into my side of things before my back started hollering at me to stop. I'll pick up where I left off tomorrow, see how far I get.
---
I do need to still be careful with my back. Turns out the pain from the drive out to see my cousins was the muscles that run next to the spine going into spasm. It kicked up again on Friday, and riding Chael to see Dr. R didn't help any. Soon as Dr. R touched my back, he told me it was in spasm and went for the stim pads.

While the stim pads were on, I had another emotional release. Couldn't tell you what it was about, just that I was panting heavily - laying down - while it moved out of me.

The spasms were bad enough that they were messing with my right hip and my feet. Fascia is such a wonderful thing - yank one area out of whack and the whole goes out of whack.

I knew last Thursday, when I went to see Dr. M, that I would need to see Dr. R this time. Good thing I did, cause I know Dr. M would not have thought to put me on the stim. I have to trust my gut when it comes to who to see when.
---
Got an interesting call yesterday. One of the area's most well known animal communicators (she advertises the most), called me. She knows my Quantum Touch instructor, and had asked her to give a 40 minute talk on QT and how it relates to animals. My instructor isn't available that weekend, but recommended giving me a call to see if I was available.

The animal communicator got on the QT website and read my bio. She recognized my photo from the Meta Institute, where I got my Certified Therapeutic Coaching certificate. She called me, we chatted for about 15 minutes, and I have a speaking engagement to prepare for on July 12. Sweet!

I've had some ideas already floating through my head, so I'll start putting things down and go from there. Who knows, I may even have a couple classes come together from this. That would be nice.

No comments: