Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pre-cogs and such

Once in a while my precognative abilities will kick in and work, usually in the form of a dream that seems to be too real. While I'm in it, I know it's a pre-cog. Only rarely do I ever get audio pre-cogs, with a date. Those I don't always trust, because the dates have come and gone with nothing happening.

I'm hoping the latest audio is a non-event as well. A couple days ago while I was holding Raini, I got a very clear 'June second' in response to a not-even-fully-formed thought about Raini's passing. I blew it off then, however her behavior the last 48 hours has me wondering, and trying not to create a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Raini has gotten very skittish, that she even runs away from me, and howls to get down if I pick her up. That's not my girl, even with her hyperthyroidism in gear. I'm just about out of her ResThyro meds, so at this point I'm hesitant to order any until after Tuesday.

The other thing that has me wondering is the appearance of a stray in my backyard.

This pretty little girl showed up yesterday afternoon twice. She's affectionate and friendly, and her front paws are declawed. She was yowling and kept looking around, which made me wonder if she was left behind when someone moved out. That was the impression I got, or that she's in heat.

She showed up again tonight, that's when I got the photo of her. I posted it here in my building, see if anyone knows about her.

The timing of her showing up... I have to wonder if the Universe is trying to tell me something.
---
Still plowing through Good Calories, Bad Calories. It's a dense read, given all the science - or lack thereof - he's writing about. I'm just getting into his arguments about why high protein and high fat diets help people lose weight and not be hungry while they are at it.

The more I read, the more it makes sense to me. The sugar cravings are my body's out of whack need to maintain what it thinks is a good balance. The more I read, the more I know it's not. For me, I need to up the protein and fats. Looks like I need to add coconut oil to protein shakes as well as the coconut milk and the whole milk. Another protein shake may be necessary in the afternoon as well.

A better summary when I finish and have a chance to let the book perk through my brain.
--
I'll let you know how things go with Raini. This time feels different, from previous times when I wasn't sure if she'd make it or not. All I can do is support her and ask the archangels to make her transition an easy one.

No comments: