Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday

Don't know about the rest of you, but this week flew for me. Despite the boredom, it went quickly.

Bored I have been at work. Same routine day in, day out. I'm getting predictable, and that's not a good thing. Magnatune has been helping me keep my senses somewhat in tact with different music.

I did break the routine a bit yesterday. Some of the cousins on the Swennes and Myhre side got together out in Spicer, so I took a half day off and went. I haven't seen some of these people since I was little, like 30 some years ago. A couple of my closer cousins I saw a year ago at one of their daughter's wedding.

It was interesting to be with people who know at least one side of the family's roots. Most of the conversations revolved around health issues, as most of the cousins are in their late 50's and 60's. Diabetes, Alzheimer's, other things that weren't diagnosed between 1930-1980 that make a difference now. Foreshadows to our own mortality.

Then again, when you've walked up to Death's door and begged to be let in twice, it doesn't scare you anymore.
---
The company I'm working for sponsors a local marathon, and a couple hundred people run the 10 mile and full marathons each year. As such, one of the local running shops gives those of us who have badges a 20% discount at their store.

I learned this watching an internal broadcast about running shoes and apparel. They also understand walkers, which is a good thing for me. The new shoes I bought two months ago have already supinated (rolled out) to the point I need new walking shoes. After I visit my nutritionist to get some ideas on how to get more veggie protein into my diet, I'll go to the running store to get new shoes.

Once I get home, I need to do some work. Since I took the afternoon off yesterday, I need to do some work from home to make up for it. I did remember to download the spreadsheets to my USB drive, so I don't have to try and download those over the VPN. I'll put the spreadsheets on the Mac, connect the VPN to the laptop so I can get to the two internal websites, and put in 5-6 hours tomorrow.
---
I'm noticing I'm not as tired lately. I'm thinking the CoQ10 and another supplement I got are starting to work. I know CoQ10 helps with the ATP and Krebs energy cycles. Anything to not be falling flat on my face over the weekend.

So, soon time to head out the door. Got a few things to pull together and away I go.

No comments: