Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Owwwrrrrrrgggg

Ya know, if I'd been in a fight lately, I could understand my jaw hurting like it does. The right side of my jaw has been pain-full since Dr. M worked on it last Friday, and whatever he did last night didn't help any. He thinks it's muscle tension, that I'm clenching my jaw when I'm concentrating at work and when I sleep at night. Even went so far as to suggest I get one of those boil and bite mouthguards to help with the clenching.

With that in mind, I've been stretching my mouth as far open as it will go from time to time. I've even been working the pressure points along the muscle to loosen it up. Still hurts like someone clocked me. It comes and goes, so I'm not sure what's triggering the pain. Suppose I'll be on pain killers for a while. Grrr.

Work, well... what can I say. My boss sat down with the director Friday night to find out what the true end game is. We're kind of on the right track, now that I went and had data pulled from when we started working with the current software vendor, back in 1993. We're also supposed to be working with purchasing and Microsoft to get the true numbers.

He does still want names matched to licenses. Going back to 1993 opens up the range significantly, so we're at 5k for Project licenses and 7.6k for Visio. That puts us in better numbers than previously, so we're only 6k out of license. Still, sucks to be those that don't have a license.

My boss and I are going to hole up again tomorrow, see if we can't work through this, come up with a plan. This one will include the end game of moving this into Infra and maintain it along the way.

On the fun side of things, looks like I volunteered myself to become a beta reader over on FanFiction.net. There's a SG-1/Sanctuary crossover that's got a good start, but the spelling, punctuation, grammar and phrasing absolutely suck. Turns out the writer's second language is English, so he's pretty clueless about all that.

One thing I am is a good writer and proofreader, along with being a walking dictionary. If I can help him better his English while cleaning up his story, it will make his future stories better.

No comments: