Monday, February 2, 2009

And so it begins

Well, today was both worse and better than I thought it would be. There were over 250 emails in the box that need answering, mostly with where and how to find their PO. The other is that when I pulled data from the survey at 5 tonight, almost 2100 people had responded, out of 3800 emails sent.

Tomorrow I have to go through the emails and take them out of the distribution list. When I finish that, the next round of email can go out.

Most of the comments so far have been pretty even. There's been a couple snarky comebacks, do you realize what a waste of time this is, etc. Most of those I left until tomorrow when I'm in a better mood right off the bat and can be sweeter than sweet to their snarkyness.

The day went fast, cutting and pasting answers between dealing with the really slow people who couldn't find their PO if it was handed to them. I expect tomorrow will be much the same.

One thing I didn't do today was a blood sugar crash after lunch. Been reading through some material I received on alternative treatments for everything from asthma to herpes zoster (aka chicken pox and shingles). One of the things they recommended for diabetics or anyone who suffers from a post meal nap attack due to crashing blood sugar is 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 8 ounces of water before you eat.

Studies have been done that show the 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, either straight or in water, before a meal help even out blood sugar spikes at one, two and three hours after a meal. No one is quite sure what the key ingredient is that steadies the blood sugar, but it works.

For me, so far for the couple days I've been using it, it works. I didn't crash after lunch today, which I did previously eating the same meal I had today (frozen leftovers of my last chicken risotto). The week I had risotto every day, between 1:30 to 2:30 I had a hard time staying awake, even if my head was deep in Excel or whatever I was doing. Foggy headed, too. Not today.

When I get a break (HA!) I'm going to scan the articles into a PDF document. If you want them, drop me a line and I'll email them to you.

Now, if I can just sleep straight through the night, I'll be doing good.

No comments: