Sunday, March 21, 2010

Still here...

Another busy week.

Work got a bit more crazy than usual this week with the first of the big removals happening. Lots of chaos and a few unhappy people. Oh well.

My boss took three days off, so she was out of the office when all this happened. Actually, that was OK because it left me feeling calmer while the chaos ensued. I could work as I work best, instead of her trying to tell me what to do with what I feel are incorrect priorities.

Also had a long talk with P Tuesday night as well. That gave me some perspective on the whole details to big picture to what other people are seeing. Most people don't understand the details. I do. That means I need to translate the high points to them and be OK with the fact that they just don't get it. I do, and that's all that really matters.

My temp started on Thursday, which added to the chaos. Got her started on the Acrobat analysis. She can putter with that while I get the help from the Support Center going on processing the EUSR's. That leaves me free to deal with the now 600+ emails and the Europe and AP pushes.

The boy is now a grandpa. His daughter gave birth on Thursday to a healthy baby boy. I found his comments interesting as I ribbed him over IM about being a 'gumpa'. I wrote him that his grandson is going to give him a run for his money, and will be even more of a handful than his oldest two kids. His reply was that for this one he'll be there from the beginning. Hmmm. I suspect that story will come out eventually.

I do get some alone time with him tomorrow night, barring any more issues that arise. I asked him to give me some pointers before I go to Boston, how to handle some situations. He had booked time Friday, that went out the window with the birth. I expect we'll get some time tomorrow night.

Met with an interesting group of people yesterday. Three of us were in the same therapeutic coaching class, the other is a friend of one of the others. We're at a similar point in life, dealing with similar things. We'll get together every couple weeks to talk through things, hold each other accountable, help in between with situations as they arise.

Something I need in my life. Missing that connection, the chance to bounce ideas off someone who gets me at the level I'm at. People who won't give me the 'deer in the headlights' look when I say something because it's not over their head.

Now to go start all the chores I need to do before I go in to work, and workout. Another long day in front of me.

No comments: