Monday, September 14, 2009

Zoom zoom

Zoom zoom, all over the cities. Up to Mounds View for work. South to Burnsville for my nephew's football game. South again today to Apple Valley to get my taxes done, then fly up to Mounds View to work. Chael is getting a workout lately.

Went to Burnsville on Saturday to watch my nephew's football game. Gorgeous day, so I hopped on Chael and away we went. Forgot the sunscreen, so my right shoulder is still a bit pink from too much sun. Still, his team won, so the family was happy. He almost had an interception, if he could have hung on to the ball. First game of the season, anything is possible.

Today was a long ass ride. From Plymouth to Apple Valley is almost 34 miles. I made the mistake of taking Crosstown, which meant I got to practice my clutching technique to keep him rolling despite traffic being at a near standstill in the construction zone. Made it to my tax appointment on time.

Corporate and personal taxes are done. I went to see P's part time boss C to get them done, as no one close to home had time for me. I'm getting a nice sized refund that will pay off having last year's taxes done, get me caught up on association dues, and I should be able to pay for six months dues at the wellness center at work. There might even be enough to buy a punch card for kettlebells. State will be direct deposited on Friday and federal next Friday. I like it.

The ride from Apple Valley to Mounds View... a good chunk of the time I was flying along at 75mph+. I had forgotten how fast people fly on Cedar, and 35W wasn't much better, especially when we got north of 36. That's one of those rides I'm not fond of - it takes total concentration to be riding at that speed (for me) because you have no reaction time. No fun.

It's supposed to be nice out all week, so I'll be riding all week. Taez can stay home, wait for winter.

Time to go switch clothes from the washer to the dryer, make my protein drinks for tomorrow and take a shower. Toodles.

No comments: