Saturday, September 5, 2009

Let the cleaning begin

So, it's Labor Day weekend, and indeed it will be a weekend of labor for me.

I'm feeling rather fed up with the state of things around here, so it's time to clean house. I'm trying to keep it to small projects - clean this corner here, decide what to do with all the extra shoes I don't wear, dust this, fix that. Things that are no more than 5' x 5' in area, or one specific piece of furniture. If I don't do it that way, I'll go into overwhelm, which I've done once this morning. If I'm going to get things done, one small piece at a time.

I'm cleaning because Dr. R worked my arms over big time. Between crocheting as much as I have, kettlebells and all the keyboarding I do at work, plus the bike, my wrists were hurting. He put the stim pad on my wrists, cranked up the stim to the point I couldn't control my hands.

He was thinking kill two birds with one stone. Get the wrist inflammation down with the stim, then have the stim arc through my shoulders so the lymph nodes were shocked open as well. My lymph has been dumping stuff out of my system under my arms, instead of pumping and dumping things into the veins like they are supposed to. This has been going on for over 6 1/2 years, and I've had it. Melia and berbercap help control it, but I need to do some major lymph drainage on myself. Perhaps some bouncing on the rebounder when I hit overwhelm - two more birds with a different stone.

Dr. R had kudos and boo's for kettlebells. From now on I need to use the dumbbells to do planks and pushups on. I had been doing them with my hands flat on the floor, which throws the wrists out of whack. Gotta be straight. He does see the change in my muscle tone all over. He can feel the difference and thinks that continuing once a week for now is a good thing.

Now the question becomes, do I go to the kettlebells studio or do I pony up the $138 to join the wellness center for six months? Using the wellness center would be cheaper, cause going to the studio would be $50 a month if I do a punch card, plus the gas to get there.

Maybe what I do is a compromise. I join the wellness center and work out on my own with the bells there. Then once a month I go to the studio as a check in, see what they have going on, any new routines or moves they have and incorporate that for the next month. Then when the class is held at the wellness center again, I take the class there.

I suppose. Lunch, then start cleaning again. The iPod is snyched, as is the Palm Pilot (I'm finding I'm starting to like Bluetooth...), got the tunes, got the time. One small step.

No comments: