Monday, September 7, 2009

Busy mind, busy body

Urgh. If I don't keep the body moving, the mind starts spinning and nothing moves.

I have gotten some cleaning done. The water fountain is again running in my prosperity corner, and the lamp has a new florescent bulb so that will stay on now for the next 10k hours. I have vacuumed the carpet and put down carpet protector so that my usual entrance/exit through the patio door will stay clean this winter. I've hauled recycling and garbage.

Went to the laundromat yesterday to wash two of my queen sized comforters. While there, I dumped some stuff at ARC and did a small bit of shopping for a new shirt and some lap trays. The lap trays I will spray paint gold and put them under the fountains I have to contain the water if they spill or spatter. Save the furniture.

While out, I stopped at the hardware store to get light bulbs. The one in my office blew out spectacularly Saturday night and I didn't have any spares. Turns out there was a sale and instant rebate offer on the bulbs I wanted, so I got them for 99 cents each. Sweet.

I've got yogurt on the stove, meat thawing in the fridge for lunches and supper for the week. A couple loads of laundry are in the washer, about ready to be transferred to the dryer.

And I've got a cat who's both snoopy and extremely loud. Oy.

The mind is spinning because today marks 16 years since my dad died of his second heart attack. His uncle Bill died on Monday, which was Labor Day, and dad died two days later, on my sister's birthday. Mom and I inherited both estates. Yeah rah.

I wonder what might have been, and realize that gets me nowhere but hurt. In some other timeline dad had the courage to tell me he loved me. In some other timeline the twins survived and I had older brothers to lean on and survive with.

In any other timeline I'm not nearly as alone as I am in this one.

No comments: