Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Yeah, yeah

I know it's been a bit since I've posted. Most days it's same stuff, different day. Get up, meditate, get ready, go to work, come home, crochet or work some more, go to bed, start all over again. Blah blah blah.

What made today different was doing two hours of chair massage. Every year when I've been at the place I'm working at, during their annual United Way campaign, I've put in that I would do chair massage as a department reward. Each person in the department gets a 5 minute chair massage and the department manager gets 10 minutes.

The department that got the bid does clinical research and works with the FDA. Just about everyone's neck and shoulders were out of whack either because they sit in cubes all day or they travel a lot. Either way, lots of people very happy to see me.

Did have one person that has a mild case of scoliosis. Told her about Quantum Touch, gave her the website on the back of my card, told her to call me if she wants to learn more.

Another was dealing with an ongoing case of swelling under her arm. I showed her how to find her master lymph nodes and how to do the lymphatic drainage to get the swelling out. She's seen doctors about it, they told her not to worry about it. @#$%!^&!! doctors.

That wore me out by noon. Then I had kettlebells tonight. He had us doing stuff to strengthen the shoulders, and mine are hurting. Then again, my shoulders are weak right now. I can do planks for 15-30 seconds, but it's my hands and shoulders that give out before the rest of me does. Even doing planks on my forearms still throws my shoulders out. Good thing I'm going to see Dr. R tomorrow night.

One good note out of class today? I actually managed, while sitting on the floor, to touch my toes going both ways. First time in 30 years I've been able to do that. That's after five classes. Standing up to touch my toes, I'm within about six inches.

There's also been some mind/body stuff going on. Realizing how hate-filled I had been, did a meditation to wash out the poison in my heart and stop it from coming back. Cognition of what I say to myself and how it affects my body. The d'oh moment when things snap into clarity.

And now if I don't head for bed, my noggin is going to snap into the keyboard. Toodles.

No comments: