Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Time and timing

We talked to the animal communicator tonight (not the one I'm speaking for in July).

We're at a matter of days, possibly a couple weeks before Raini's body gives out. She knows the end is near, just not quite sure what to do when she gets to that point. We'll both know when it's time.

Raini's spirit is still that of when she was 4-5 years old, yet she speaks of her body in past tense. She can't see as well, which bothers her. Her tummy is queasy, which is why she hasn't eaten much the last couple days, except when I hand/spoon feed her, and it has to be soft and soupy.

She's at peace with herself, grateful that we had a chance to clear the air. J had a hard time putting into words all the love, gratitude and devotion Raini feels for me, and she knows how much I love her as well. She wants me to remember the fun we had, the cuddle times we've had, to remember the good stuff and not so much what we're going through right now.

And she does understand when I tell her to go out her heart. She showed J a scene of her on her back, her spirit connected to a parachute coming out of her heart and going up. Funny and sad at the same time. That's my Raini.

Part of what Raini is waiting for is the next cat to come into my life. It's like she wants that one already here before she goes, so I don't have to put up with just Shadow.

Shad's a whole 'nother ball game. If she was human, she might have a split personality, definitely issues with brain chemistry. She's sweet and cuddly one minute, pitching a hissy fit the next. She knows something isn't right, but doesn't know what to do about it. Hence, the frustrating howling at all hours.
If she was human, I could do some coaching with her to help her. As it is... just run energy to her.

My heart is a whole lot lighter right now. I know that she knows how much I love her, and I know how grateful she is for me bringing her home all these years ago. She's not suffering, just dealing with the aches of age, wanting places that are soft and cushy for old bones.

I'll make her as comfortable as I can in the time she has left. That's all I can do.

No comments: